DollarDays

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Madison Cubs Afghan


I am a teacher at Madison High School in Southern Indiana.  I designed this afghan with my school's mascot and donated it to our art department for their annual fundraiser.

I LOVE designing afghans with school logos or names.  This one was very challenging as I had sometimes 20 bobbins of yarn to work with at once.  Good thing I'm a detangling guru!!!

When working on the "Madison Cubs" line, I was frustrated to find, about halfway thru the line, that I was working it as a mirror image!  The words were backwards!  Oh no!!  With all the bobbins, it was challenging to unravel the work but was a lesson well learned!  Double check which side you're on! 


Here is a lapsize afghan I made using the logo of the previous school I worked for.  This was designed and gifted to the school secretary who was a personal friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment