DollarDays

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Checkerboard Game Blanket




I found this pattern online (click HERE for the free pattern) and made it for my grandchildren and for a friend's daughter's birthday.  Big hits on both fronts!



The board is about 30x30" and can be used as a game board and can double as a small cover on a child's bed.  It is great for snuggling on the couch while watching TV.  I used an "H" size hook and soft baby yarn.






The drawstring bag was a "made it up as I go" pattern, meaning I just started crocheting a bag and if I have to make another one, I'll wing that one, too!

The checkers are super simple.  They work great as projects to do while traveling in the car.  Tip:  Make the bag first then you have something to store the completed checkers in as you make them!


No comments:

Post a Comment