DollarDays

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

State Fair Winners

I entered my very first Indiana State Fair competition in 2017, at the age of 58 years old.  I had been crocheting for 51 years at this point, and it seems odd that this was my first year entering. 

It was my sister-in-law who suggested I enter the bedspread that had taken me 600 hours and close to 10 months to make.  My first entry in my first year at the fair and it won not only a First Place Ribbon but also won Best of Show!  Yes, I was in tears when I saw those ribbons on my blanket!






The State Fair Bug had bitten me, so I entered the next year (2018) and walked away with two more ribbons. Not first place, but that didn't matter to me.  I was just as excited that I won something!





In 2019, I entered three thread doilies and walked away with three more ribbons.




This one is not a doily but is a small tablecloth.
It measures approximately 45-50" across.

I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to this annual competition now.  I've already picked out next year's project.  Sometimes I wonder why I picked a pattern that starts out with "Chain 485" .... in thread!

I will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment