DollarDays

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Grandson's hat

The advantage of being a crocheting gramma is that my grandchildren can ask me to make them something and they know it is never a problem for gramma to drop what she's doing and get them what they want!

Shopping at Michael's for yarn with my five-year old grandson in tow, I was sure he would be bored as gramma looked and looked and looked at the yarns, trying to decide what was needed.

Was I wrong.

My grandson was doing some looking of his own and comes running up to me with this wild colored skein of yarn saying, "Gramma!  Make me a hat out of THIS one!"

I found a simple pattern on the Lion's Brand website: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81087AD.html?r=1 
and in just a couple of hours, my grandson had his hat!

And as my fellow crocheters will attest, there is just a great feeling when your family doesn't ask IF you can make it, but just assume it's a "dun deal" because gramma can do anything!  (It's happened with their birthday cakes, too!  See the link to the right for photos of my cake creations over the years.)


No comments:

Post a Comment